The Contract Shop sells legal templates and courses for creative entrepreneurs, online course creators, consultants, coaches and more.
Our mission is to preserve and improve the special relationships you work so hard to cultivate as an entrepreneur. We know how hard you work to earn every penny, follower and friendship. We believe a solid definition of these relationships through contracts sets a trustworthy foundation, no matter how much or little experience you have.
While there are other similar resources out there, they lack the dedication, experience and heart behind The Contract Shop.
10 Reasons Why The Contract Shop® is Your Best Defense Against Restless Nights:
1. ACCESSIBILITY. Like most modern attorneys, I don’t believe in legalese, or the lawyer who told me to use it “so that people would be co-dependent on me.” Bleh. You should be able to understand what you’re giving to clients or customers.
2. EXPERIENCE. These templates are now in use by over 670 creatives. That’s a lot of feedback we’ve been able to process and use to improve our templates!
3. AFFORDABILITY. You already know how much a custom contract + attorney costs (hint: a lot). For the price of an attorney’s hourly rate, you could have a contract template drafted by an attorney from a top 20 law school. How cool is that? Plus, we’re always trying to make things even more affordable by offering select sales throughout the year.
4. SATISFACTION. I’m not shy that your satisfaction is my number one priority, and it’s why I’m the only retailer in the industry that offers fair refunds. Though in 670+ sales and counting, we’ve only had to issue three refunds.
5. INNOVATION. While other template sellers are busy catching up to our innovative templates, content and presentation, we’re always much further ahead. For example, at the time of this publication, we are the only seller who offers a clear (and fair) refund policy, an online course to accompany each contract to empower you to answer client questions and a transparent peek into each of our templates.
6. EXCELLENCE. Most attorneys who sell templates did not learn directly from the lady who literally wrote the book on Contract Drafting (she taught at my law school). In the past year, I’ve been offered two in-house legal positions at Fortune 500 companies. I declined. I do this because I want to, not because I have to.
7. FUN. What good would this be if we were just another generic, stuffy company attempting to appeal to the masses? I like to shop at Anthropologie, buy flowers for the heck of it and have way too much fun than I should on Instagram stories. I’m infusing this energy into my products in the hope that like attracts like.
8. TRUSTWORTHINESS. Our templates have been featured, endorsed or used by the Modern Calligraphy Summit, Once Wed, HoneyBook, the Rising Tide Society, Fizzle and more. Plus, each template has been peer reviewed by other attorneys for consistency and strength.
9. REAL HUMAN-NESS. I wasn’t sure what a one-word descriptor for this would be, but it’s actually kind of perfect because it’s really my team and I-- all real people taking care of you. No long waits or impersonal chats when you have questions. I’ve even been known to call proactively call people (I know, “whaaaaattt!”)
10. CLIENT APPROVED. Baby lawyers or lawyers who don’t know what they’re doing tend to draft really unfair agreements. Not me. If you read my mission statement below, you’ll see why. It’s important this is an ongoing relationship, not a one-off purchase!